what do you call it? – Rustique Art
antiques,  Salvage

what do you call it?

Any idea what this is?
What it was used for?
Why did I buy it?

What would you do with it?

Any thoughts?
It’s about 7″ in length and each hole is about 15mm.

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts!

peace. love. rust.


  • Carla Coffee

    A toothbrush holder for a very large family.

  • Cory Ahern

    It looks like part of a hinge, or a guide for multiple wires or cords – or a combination of both!

  • Kim

    Not a clue what that is even had hubby look at it. Maybe you can use it to hold candle votives.
    Kim recently posted..Front Porch aka Stoop

  • Linda

    Haven’t a clue BUT looks like we need it to go behind our TV to separate tons of cables lol Hubby didn’t know either – said holes may have been placed there to keep it from weighing so much.
    It could be placed on a rod of some sort and used to “hook” more “stuff” on or as a ribbon separator. The tension is building – can’t wait to hear.

  • Carrie

    How about attaching it to an old barn board and using it to hold necklaces? Not sure what it was but I think it has potential to be part of something fabulous!

  • Laura Hoffman

    a toothbrush holder for a family of nine?
    a fancy toilet paper holder?

    you will probably use it to make something wonderful! 😉

    Not sure what I would do with it…

    Can’t wait to see what you do!

  • Lois

    Have no thought, just want to see what you did with it.

  • Sandi

    I have no clue what it is, but I think it’s cool!
    Can’t wait to see what you do with it.

  • Lorrie Ludwick

    It looked like a farm accessory to me, so I asked my husband the old farmer. He believes it is a piece used behind the horses of a horse drawn implement. This piece would adjust the depth of a plow by putting a pin in one of the holes to raise or lower it. That’s his educated guess!

content and images copyright 2019 - cindi albright . rustique art privacy policy